What you need to know on becoming a Motorcycle Dealer.
A Motorcycle Dealer License is for any person who has an established place of business within this state, who sells five (5) or more motorcycles in a 12 month period retail to the general public.
- Retail vehicle License fee $125 due at the time of Application for Retail Dealer License and Registration (additional fees will be assessed upon approval).
- Original service agreement with an approved New Hampshire Inspection Station, if you do not have your own.
- Original $25,000 Dealer Bond in the name of the business and at the legal business address.
- Lease - Copy in the name of the owner/business.
- Original Criminal background check of each owner from New Hampshire and state of residency.
- Successful completion of the title/dealer class is required upon approval.
- Established place of business.
- 750 square feet or primarily in the business of selling vehicles.
- Permanent heating system and electrical outlets to state code.
- Regular business hours, minimum of 37½ per week between the hours between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Signage must be visible from a public way with 10 inch letters.
- Approval from local authorities is required (the dealer desk will send a municipal letter to the town/city for their written approval).
- May sell Retail, Wholesale or exchange vehicles.
- Only vehicles owned by the dealership and have a valid NH inspection sticker may have the dealer plate attached.
- Loaning of plates is prohibited.