Auto Wholesale Dealer
What you need to know about becoming an Auto Wholesale Dealer.
An Auto Wholesale Dealer License is for any person who with an established place of business within this state purchases motor vehicles with the intent to sell to other licensed motor vehicle dealers only (no retail to the public).
- Original completed Application for Retail Dealer License and Registration.
- Original $25,000 Dealer Surety Bond in the business name at the business legal address.
- Lease - Copy in the name of the owner/business name.
- Original Criminal background check of each owner from New Hampshire and state of residency.
- Dealer license fee of $125.00, due at the time of application.
- Successful completion of the title/dealer class is required upon approval.
- Established place of business.
- Regular business hours, 37½ per week between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Signage must be visible from a public way with 10 inch letters.
- The dealer desk sends a municipal letter to the town/city for their written recommendation/approval.
- To move inventory to dealers, auctions or place of repair (plate privileges).
- Can sell Wholesale (Dealer to Dealer) only, no Retail to the public.
- Only vehicles owned by the dealership and have a valid NH inspection sticker may have the dealer plate attached.
- Loaning of plates is prohibited.