Auto Recycling Dealers
What you need to know about becoming an Auto Recycling Dealer.
An Automotive Recycling Dealer License is for any person who has an established place of business within this state and who is in the business of buying secondhand motor vehicles for the purpose of remodeling, taking apart, or rebuilding the same, and selling automotive parts.
- Original completed Application for Automotive Recycling Dealer Registration .
- Town/City approval.
- Original service agreement with an approved New Hampshire Inspection Station, if you do not have your own.
- Original $25,000 Dealer Surety Bond in the business name at the business legal address.
- Lease - Copy in the name of the owner/business.
- Original Criminal background check of each owner from New Hampshire and state of residency.
- Dealer license fee for $125.00, due at the time of application.
- Successful completion of the title/dealer class is required upon approval
- Established place of business.
- Regular business hours, 37½ per week between the hours of 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Signage must be visible from a public way with 10 inch letters.
- The dealer desk sends a municipal letter to the town/city for their written recommendation/approval.
- Only vehicles owned by the dealership and have a valid NH inspection sticker may have the dealer plate attached.
- Plates may not be used on personal vehicles.
- Loaning of plates is prohibited.
- Only used for second-hand parts, cars, tires, etc.
- May be used for second-hand vehicles for demonstration or service in connection with the business.
- May not be used for transporting recycling materials, such as glass, aluminum, copper, etc.
- Record books for recording sales, purchases, exchanges or receipt for purpose of sale of a second-hand motor vehicle or parts.