Multi-Use Decal Plates
Pursuant to RSA 261:B, starting July 3rd, 2017, the NH DMV began offering our newest plate type, the Decal Plate. Decal plates resemble regular New Hampshire passenger license plate however, they include a 3"x3" blank square on the left side of the plate. This allows for the placement of a special decal issued by a 501(c)(3) organization authorized by legislature. Legislatively authorized organizations may sell decals for a cost. Decals are NOT available at DMV locations, they have to be purchased directly from the legislatively authorized 501(c)(3) organizations.
Decals can only be placed on a Decal Plate. To transfer your existing passenger plate to a Decal Plate, please visit any of the DMV locations. To obtain a new Decal Plate, please visit your town or city clerk office.
Decal Plates are available for a $15 fee per year in addition to the town and state registration fees. Decal Vanity Plates are also available for an additional $40 vanity plate fee. An additional $8.00 plate manufacturing fee is only required in the first year of purchase.
The following organizations have been approved by the legislature. Please reach out to these agencies directly by clicking on the specific link below to obtain your decals for these plates:
- The Girl Scouts of the Green and White Mountains or call (888) 474-9686
- The Grand Lodge of Ancient, Free and Accepted Masons in New Hampshire or call (603) 554-1723
- Harris Center for Conservation Education or contact James Newsom at (603) 525-3394
- Keene State College
- NH Firefighters (or current or retired firefighters only)
- New England Donor Services
- New England Patriot's Foundation
- NH Breast Cancer Coalition
- NH Catholic Charities d/b/a NH Food Bank call 603-669-9725 ext 1129
- NH Rotary
- Plymouth State University
- Seacoast Youth Services
- Sophia's Fund
- University of New Hampshire Foundation