Bill of Sale
What you need to know when filling out a Bill of Sale.
Pursuant to RSA 261:148, III, a Bill of Sale for a motor vehicle must include the following information:
- The date of the sale.
- A detailed description of the vehicle, including:
- Vehicle identification number
- Model year
- Year of manufacture
- Type of body
- Number of cylinders
- Name, signature and legal address (no PO Box) of purchaser.
- Name, signature and legal address (no PO Box) of seller.
Pursuant to Saf-C 3202.03, each applicant for a private or commercial vessel registration shall a complete Boat Registration Form, along with a bill of sale or other proof of ownership. A bill of sale for a vessel must include the following information:
- Existing bow number, if any;
- Vessel’s year of manufacture;
- Vessel’s make;
- Vessel’s color (a multicolored vessel shall list the predominate color first on the application and lesser colors next)
- Length of vessel from the bow to the stern, in feet and inches;
- Principal state in which the vessel is used;
- Principal material from which the hull is constructed, such as fiberglass, wood or aluminum;
- Type of propulsion, such as outboard, inboard, electric or sail;
- Type of fuel used for propulsion, such as gasoline, diesel or electric;
- Manufacturer's hull identification number;
- Whether the vessel has single or twin engines;
- Whether the vessel is used on inland waters or tidal waters;
- Maximum person capacity, as recommended by the manufacturer;
- Signed commercial affidavit issued by the department stating that the vessel is used exclusively for commercial fishing, if applicable;
- Whether the vessel has toilet, sink or shower facilities;
- Total available horsepower;
- Owner’s name, address and date of birth;
- Vessel’s primary use;
- Statement that all information provided is under penalty of unsworn falsification;
- and Signature of owner, or if a company, signature and title of authorized agent.