NH DMV Expands Appointment-Based Services to Three Additional Locations
Concord NH – The New Hampshire Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV) announces the expansion of appointment-based services to three additional locations. Starting Monday, May 11, Salem, Nashua, and Keene will open for appointment only services, in addition to Concord, Dover, Manchester, Newport, and Twin Mountain.
The following appointment only services will resume on Monday, May 11:
- Motorcycle permit testing – by appointment only. Call 227-4000 to schedule an appointment.
- Motorcycle testing – by appointment only, limited to the Concord location. Call 227-4020 to schedule an appointment.
- Motorcycle Rider Training classes. Call 227-4025 to register for a class.
- In-person driver license renewals are available for customers whose licenses have expired or will expire by June 30, 2020 – by appointment only. Call 227-4000 to schedule an appointment. Customers are encouraged to renew at www.nh.gov/dmv, if eligible.
- Customers transferring a license from another state – by appointment only. Call 227-4000 to schedule an appointment.
The DMV offers the following important service reminders:
- Non-Commercial Driver License driving road tests are not currently being conducted.
- All Commercial Driver License related transactions can be conducted by appointment only. Call 227-4000 to schedule an appointment.
- Customers whose licenses have expired or will expire by June 30, 2020 may apply for a 6-month license extension.
- Call 227-4020 to apply for the 6-month license extension over the phone. Customers are encouraged to renew at www.nh.gov/dmv, if eligible.
- The REAL ID compliance deadline has been extended until October, 2021. REAL ID transactions will not be conducted for the duration of the Stay at Home Order.
- Existing vehicle registrations are renewed by your city or town clerk’s office. Please visit your town website or call your local town clerk’s office for vehicle registration renewal options.
- NH DMV 20-day plates as well as NH authorized dealer 20-day plates, issued on or after February 26, 2020 have been given an automatic extension through May 31, 2020. Residents are encouraged to reach out to their local city or town clerk’s office for permanent vehicle registration options.
- Walking disability placards or license plates may be issued 6-month extensions without meeting the in-person application and medical certification requirements.
Drop box services are available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:15 p.m. at the following locations: Concord, Dover, Manchester, Newport, Twin Mountain, Salem, Nashua, and Keene.
For all other transactions, please call DMV customer service at 227-4000 to determine the availability of services.
Customers should take advantage of the DMV’s online services, including online driver license renewal for those who are eligible, ID renewals, and online ticket pay at www.nh.gov/dmv.