Driver Education Instructors
What you need to know about becoming a Driver Education Instructor.
Obtaining a Provisional Certificate is the first step in becoming a Certified Driver Education Instructor. It allows you to work as an instructor for an approved driving school.
- Have a high school diploma or certificate of high school equivalency.
- Complete three, three-credit courses at Keene State College or White Mountain Community College with a grade of 75 or higher:
- Introduction to Traffic Safety.
- Methods of Teaching Driver Education and Traffic Safety.
- In-Vehicle Driver Education Methods.
Please submit your renewal packet for your standard certification no more than 90 days prior to the expiration date on your certificate. Renewal certification forms sent more than 90 days in advance of expiration will not be accepted.
Please review the required forms and documents pertaining to becoming a Driver Education Instructor.
NH Dept. of Safety
DMV - Driver Education
23 Hazen Drive
Concord, NH 03305