What you need to know about becoming a Transporter Dealer.
A Transporter Registration is for any person who has an established place of business within this state who moves any motor vehicle for someone else for hire.
- Original completed Application for Transporter Registration .
- Lease – Copy in the name of the owner/business.
- Must be transporting non-registered vehicles which are not owned by the transporter.
- Established place of business.
- Regular business hours. Minimum of 37½ hours per week between 6:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m.
- Signage must be visible from a public way with 10 inch letters.
- The dealer desk sends a municipal letter to the town/city for their written recommendation.
- Transporting for hire only.
- Repossessions can be done on a transport plate if the transporter is not the owner of the vehicle as stated in the repossession papers.
- Cannot sell retail, wholesale or exchange vehicles.
- No personal use.
- Loaning of plates prohibited.